Tuesday, January 25, 2011

25 January 2011

We have now received a couple of letters from Nate, but still no phone calls. Here, in his own words, what it's like for him right now: 
Hey Mom, I just wanted to let you know where I was. They sent me to Oklahoma, so I'm pretty glad I didn't end up in Mississippi. It took about 22 hours on the bus to get here. I felt really bad for the guys that had to stay on the bus and go the rest of the way to Mississippi. We did happen to stop at Burger King, McDonalds, and Arbys. i can still taste the McGriddle I had yesterday morning. :-)
It will be a while until I can call you. The whole facility is on lock down. They are doing a facility wide search, and from the amount of time it took them to search this pod, we'll be on lockdown for a long time.  It takes five of them to search a cell and about an hour to do it. They think that doing it like that, that they are going to find everything. It took them a week to search our pod. California would have done it in a couple hours.  These people do everything slow. My property has been here a week now & I still don't have it. They've only been having about four people a day get their property. So I've been locked in a cell with absolutely nothing to do, again.

Well, I just went to committee while I was writing this letter. So I'm classified now, but it doesn't matter since we are on lockdown anyways. So like I said it will be a shile until I can call you. I can still get visits, so if you guys are planning to come out next month that would be cool.

P.S. I just talked to the lady who is the college proctor; she is going to fill out a new proctor form and contact the college to see if my classes have been approved. Looks like I'll be able to start college!
Mike & I were able to make reservations and are planning a trip to see Nate during February break. We really appreciate the donation of airline miles from my cousin which helped make the trip affordable. 

Please pray that the lockdown would end soon and that Nathan would be able to receive his property. I cannot imagine being locked in a cell for 3 weeks with absolutely nothing to do.
Until we know more --
Charilyn


1 comment:

Charilyn & Mike said...

We got another letter from Nate today - looks like he got his property so at least now he has a TV and some of his drawing stuff.