Thursday, December 15, 2011

15 December 2011

A Letter from Nate:

To friends, family, and everyone who has been supporting me in this difficult time, I send my love, gratitude and cheer for the holiday season. I know that many of you have stayed up to date on what has been happening and have found ways to help either me or my family. I cannot thank you enough. It is because of the support from all of you that I have been able to maintain a positive attitude, and have been able to stay focused and constructive in turning this negative situation into a positive one.

Over the last year I have managed to stay very busy. I am currently enrolled in college and am on track to graduate the end of the summer semester of 2012 with an Associates degree with a focus in business. I'm not sure as to right now what exactly I will do upon completion of my degree, though I do foresee myself continuing taking courses in other areas that I am interested in. That way, I'll have several options to choose from when I get out. I know that earlier this year a decision to overturn a previous decision concerning my VA benefits was made, which opens the possibility for me to continue my pursuit of a higher  education. Either in the form of a Bachelors or a Masters, as the GI Bill should cover most of the expenses. I cannot say with any certainty that is what I'll do, though I have considered it hard to pass up such an opportunity.

Since I have been pretty busy with school, I have had to put off some of my ambitions as an artist. Though I have managed to find the time here and there to do a drawing or two. I still am considering seeking a career as a tattoo artist. Though I do find it hard to turn down what amounts to a very inexpensive education.

In my spare time, which surprisingly enough I don't have much of, I like to read and watch a little television. I am also the proud new owner of a video game system, which I will sheepishly admit has been taking up more of my time the last several weeks. Though without it, I never would have been able to complete several of my classes that come with DVD lectures.

All in all this has been about as good a year for me as the circumstances have allowed. I am in good spirit this holiday season and am looking forward to another productive year. I wish to all of you out there who have been so hopeful and understanding to me and my family a Merry Christmas, and that next year will be even better than the last. I can't thank you enough.

Sincerely, Nathan

2 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

God Bless You Nate! We will continue to keep you in our prayers that the rest of your time will go by as uneventful as possible & that you come home to your family sooner than planned.

Unknown said...

Hoo'rah Marine!!!