Saturday, April 28, 2012

28 April 2012

I had a difficult conversation with Nate today. It brought to light one of the hardest things about having him in prison that I had never considered before all this happened. He and I disagree on some major issues. The topics themselves aren't important; we will often disagree with people who are close to us. This time, though, I had to tell him flat out that I didn't agree, and that frankly, we need to agree to disagree about this topic. I could tell he was bummed out, and I wanted to spend more time reassuring him that I love him no matter what. But the 20-minute phone limit was up. I hate that! He can usually call back, but I knew this time he wouldn't because he's planning to call tomorrow to have me look up some things on the Internet for him. 

I figured I would spend the rest of the afternoon & evening worried about the way we left the conversation. Thankfully he called Josh and talked some things through, so I'm feeling better about how Nate will do through the night. I hope we can come to a better resolution when we talk tomorrow.

Thank you for your continued prayer support. We need it daily!
 Charilyn

4 comments:

. said...

It is so hard when there is a conversation going on and the time runs out......and you sit there saying, please call back, please call back. Been there, done that. Thoughts and prayers always will be with you and yours {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

I am so sorry that all of you have to go thru any of this. Please know that you are always in my prayers & will continue to be until Nate is back at home. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Kathi McClenney said...

Continuing to pray..

ascendinworship said...

Sooooo hard....prayers always.... ~ Elizabeth Fulgaro