Saturday, November 24, 2012

24 November 2012

We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving, even though we missed Nate like crazy. It was really hard for me at first because we came up to the timeshare with my parents where we spent time as a family when Nate came home from Iraq after his first tour. I "see" him and the family pictures we took almost every time I see the stairway. I can't wait to come again for some quiet family time when he's finally home for good. We've had some great rounds of Apples to Apples & Canasta, and some great sight-seeing as the leaves and fall colors are still in amazing abundance!

We've talked to Nate a few times this week. He got an "A" on his poly-sci midterm. OH - and I forgot to mention in the last blog update that Nate was awarded a $1500 scholarship this summer that will help offset the cost of his college books for a few semesters! That was such an encouragement to both him and us!

I'll see Nate in just 3 weeks! I can't wait!

Charilyn

2 comments:

Mama Temple said...

SO proud of your Marine, using his time wisely. Studying. Learning. Making sure he is BETTER for the experience, as far as he is able. God bless you guys!

Bev Rosen said...

So cool about the scholarship! I'm happy you get to see him soon. I can only imagine the anticipation you're feeling!